Harefield: Church | British History Online

Harefield: Church | British History Online - Related Searches

CHURCH. There was a priest in the manor of Harefield in 1086, (fn. 1) but nothing further is known concerning the church until the late 12th century. At that time ...

online

Two years later Church Stretton Building Co. Ltd. was formed, with a ... of the functions of a principal resident landowner in the lord of the manor's absence. ... and licensed to alienate it to the chaplains of his chantry in Leintwardine church, (fn.

online

A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7, Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, ... rights of common were limited: inhabitants of Acton were repeatedly excluded from 1520 (fn. ... 140) Mills at Old Brentford also served the distillery, (fn.

online

Crawley was already a centre of manufacturing industry, particularly light ... 13) More were employed in service trades including 636 ... Ltd., established in 1948 and employing 130 in 1949 in making ...

online

36) These developments suggest that Henley changed from being a place subjected ... 203) The importance of grain-related trades was demonstrated in the 1780s ... 312) and in 1896, after forming a limited company to raise capital, they took ...

online

The largest copyhold was an 82-a. farm at Clanville and 57 holdings were ... James Mackie and Sons, a limited company by 1923, built a new store c. ... and three sawmill workers in 1891 were probably connected with the sawmill in Ansford.

online

302) L. Hall (Edmonton) Ltd., timber importers and saw-millers, opened at Dorford Wharf near Angel Road in 1928 and employed some 100 people in 1973. (fn.

online

Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 2006. ... 41) and closes attached to Little Clanfield mill in 1769 included elm, ash, and willow, (fn. ... The preceptory was also the administrative centre for estates at Weald, Gosford, ...

online

179) A Robert Hildick had a mill, evidently at Coal Pool, in 1793. ... Street, one at Doveridge, one in Caldmore Terrace, and one in Wolverhampton Road. ... It amalgamated in 1931 with Tube Investments Ltd., and in 1962 became T.I. Stainless ...

online

Originally published by W.S. Maney and Son Limited, Leeds, 1986. This free ... In 1769 he became a student of the Royal Academy and in 1773 was elected an Associate. ... Erwood, James, 3 Brownlow St, Holborn, London, billiard table and ...

online

Originally published by W.S. Maney and Son Limited, Leeds, 1986. ... Gardner, John & Henry, 2 Green Harbour Yd, London, looking-glass manufacturers (1839). ... It is possible that Christopher Gibson may have taken over the business of Joseph Grimstead ... Trading also as artists' repository and fancy stationer in 1834.

online

Originally published by W.S. Maney and Son Limited, Leeds, 1986. ... Cafrani, Lewis, Liverpool, carver and gilder (1811–13). ... These included upholstered chairs, some chairs of estate with the associated stools and cushions, bedsteads, canopies of state and ... Clayson, William, St Edmund's Terr., Northampton, u (1830).

online

837) and J. R. Crompton, which opened a paper mill north of the former ... The estate was bought then by Beachley Property Ltd., which divided it into small units, ... dedicated to St. Leonard, in Purton hamlet and endowed it with the bulk of his ...

online

700 a., belonged to Mr. and Mrs. G. R. Gantlett. ... R.A.F. Yatesbury, and in 1972 sold the rest to W. Cumber & Son (Theale) Ltd. The 169 a. was sold by the Ministry of Defence to Wiltshire county council ... Inf. from Mrs. J. Gantlett, Yatesbury Ho.

online

5) By contrast Kepnal, East Sharcott, and Southcott are all street villages, and ... he sold 60 a. south of the railway to Walter T. Ware Ltd. and in 1982 he sold c.

online

76) Colclough Lane, still the name of the Goldenhill end of the road to ... as a warehouse by Beresford Transport Ltd., who also use one of the outbuildings, ...

online

Cluddley extends southwards to the base of the Wrekin. ... Telford development corporation bought it in 1975 and renovated it 1978-80, converting it to ... originally supplied coal and lime to the Shawbury area; in 1898 the Lilleshall Co. used it ...

online

Blue Circle Industries Ltd., 31, 66. Blunt, Jn., 73 ... Harlow Engineering Training Centre Ltd., 153. Harlow Metal Co., 153 ... Corringales, 164 -, Court Ho., 163 ...

online

Pianoforte Supplies Ltd. and the modern village economy. ... as well as a haulage contractor (Horace Parish), although there only one garage by 1940. (fn. ... Collingtree, Courteenhall, Gayton, Hackleton, Hardingstone, Hartwell, Milton Malsor, ...

online

Kingsbury Community Association, ... canons of, and see Burrows, Hen.; Chauvel; Fly; Hall, Wm. John; Hawkins; Hilman; Husband; Morrison, Chris.; Wharton, Dr. Geof.; Wight, Moses; ... Ludgrove (Ludgraves or Blue Ho.) ... Watling Resident ,.

online

Knaptoft Hall Farm was in 1957 acquired by Messrs. Cookes' Farms Ltd., of Bourne (Lincs.). (fn. 36). Even in the middle of the 13th century when Hugh Gobion ...

online

The present Mid Sussex line from Hardham junction to Ford was opened in 1863, with a new station, ... and Sons, amalgamated with Henty's of Chichester to form Henty and Constable Ltd. (fn. ... John Downes, the future regicide, was returned.

online

A P Baggs, G H R Kent and J D Purdy, 'Heslington', in A History of the County of York East ... 35) In 1957 the York Waterworks Co. built a large water tower, a dominating castle-like ... 45) Hugh's holding later passed into the Mowbray fee.

online

Roger de Croft died in 1255 holding 4½ oxgangs of land in Claughton of the ... to the Claughton Manor Brick Company, Limited, the present lords of the manor.

online

LETCHWORTH (HANCHETS or MONTFITCHETS). Nevells or Nevills. Burleigh or Burley. CHURCH. ADVOWSON. St. Michael. Footnotes ...

online

His estate in Ilchester was granted to Joseph Earth of High Holborn, London (d. ... 361) The corporation was to comprise a bailiff and twelve capital burgesses, ...

online

16) The property between Piccadilly and Jermyn Street (much of which is now occupied by ... 45) The site is now occupied by Simpson Ltd. (see page 258).

online

294) A terrier of 1663 describing how 2 holdings of 1½ yardland had been 'divided out ... Ltd. established a carpet-mill with 3 looms and 6 employees, choosing ...

online

The association of Clerkenwell Green with political agitation and reform is a long one, reaching back into the second half of the eighteenth century, when local ...

online

The ancient parish of Bratton Seymour lies on the western side of Wincanton ... the limit with Shepton Montague, but the extreme south-west corner is marked by a ... 27) After the closure of the Hall School the main house was divided and the ...

online

In 1947 the premises became Ajax Works for Grosvenor Utilities Limited, plastic moulders, and B. B. Kent Limited, vitreous enamellers and roadsign makers. ... THLHL, illustrations 033: GLRO, LRB, Property Services Dept, Register of Property, ...

online

The southern part of the road between them, dividing two farms, has never ... Its omission from the East Downton and Hamptworth inclosure award of 1822 (fn. ... 571) A special company, Downton Electric Light Company Ltd., was formed to ...

online

'Parishes: Lowick', in A History of the County of Northampton: Volume 3, ed. ... To the east of the rectory is the Manor Farm, which lies south of St. Peter's ... representing the investment of royalties received from the Islip Iron Co., Ltd., and ...

online

'Park Lane', in Survey of London: Volume 40, the Grosvenor Estate in Mayfair, Part 2 ... Dorchester House, most opulent of all the Park Lane palaces, rose just off the estate ... 56–62 Park Lane for Hyde Park Gate Estates Limited, to designs by ...

online

1,000, paupers without legal settlement having been omitted. (fn. ... 139) About 1236 John son of William of Sawston held 1/8 of Ralph Pirot's 2 knights' fees. (fn. ... 320) One of the larger firms was Simplex of Cambridge Ltd., employing c.

online

'Parishes: Tingrith', in A History of the County of Bedford: Volume 3, ed. ... and, passing Home Farm on the west, skirts the eastern boundary of the Tingrith estate. ... Thomas died before 1387, and his two sisters became his co-heirs, the manor ...

online

Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 2006. ... meadow by the Thames which was tithable to Clanfield or attached to its rectory estate, but ... 25) An 'ancient' church-way from Little Clanfield to Pound Lane, mostly suppressed ...

online

83) The spread of building, however, was limited by public control of the Mill fields, Hackney Downs, and Clapton common from 1872. (fn. 84). The main road ...

online

John de Livesey, the next in succession, vested the manor in trustees in 1367 and ... in accordance with an unusual provision in the settlement which limited the ...

online

Glastonbury manor, evidently coterminous with the parish, came during the Middle ... Further east was that part known as extra hagietam, beyond Havyatt, which ... About 1540 the park lodge had limited accommodation, commensurate with its ...

online

By 1773, when Harris Thurloe Brace was its freeholder, it had been divided into four; ... 19) It is possible therefore that Cundy designed the whole ensemble. ... same time (page 340), these houses were limited to four main storeys above ground. ... which developed from Rawlings Brothers, a motor garage in Ashburn Mews.

online

44) With the exception of Durnfield farm, a 19th-century creation in the inclosed ... In North Street 17th-century houses are limited to an area immediately north of ...

online

Samuel Lewis, 'Kinkell - Kirkcaldy', in A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland ... but upon a limited scale; there are also two tanneries, two breweries, a distillery, ...

online

The ancient township of Great Tew, like the modern parish, was compact in shape, ... 93) and large kitchen gardens built in 18712 south of the road from Ledwell to ... Stratton's expenditure on Wood's holding, limited by the terms of the lease to ...

online

Inc. nursery class 1958. Roll 1986: 358 JM & I. Berkeley Rd. Bd. Temp. sch. opened 1874 for GBI in rooms rented for ...

online

Corringales, 1 km. NNE. of Hatfield Heath, was ... 407) but that seems to have been a limited and temporary appointment. In 1242 the king ordered Richard de ...

online

25) The Crockwell area was also mainly in the fields: the priory had a grange and a ... in Bicester King's End' and the reversion of Griffith's leasehold estate were sold by ... 369) The limited scope of the market at this time is, moreover, indirectly ...

online

'Parishes: West Thurrock', in A History of the County of Essex: Volume 8, ed. W R Powell ... 65) The Rising Sun stood at Sun Point, west of the church, from c. 1837 to the ... 81) A later Bartholomew Brinson was holding the manor in 1262 and 1268. (fn. 82) He ... Bedford left West Thurrock for life to his wife Jacquette (d. 1472) ...

online

Smethwick enjoys a share of the charity which existed by 1640 ... lands granted for charitable uses in Harborne parish. ... The land so bought was settled in trust in 1591.

online

35) which included a Social Democratic club for Schweppes's employees (fn. 36) and Mill Hill Constitutional Club, which existed in 1902. (fn. 37) The Hendon ...

online